Manufacturing is an innovative, ever-evolving industry that offers a vast range of career options for employees. And with the skills shortages in the UK, there is no better time to start to train for a manufacturing apprenticeship.
At Unifabs we are passionate about investing in the next generation. We firmly believe that apprentices are the future of our business. So we have created the ‘Unifabs Academy’ in partnership with North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College, in order to keep new talent coming into the business and keep British manufacturing alive. We dont stop at just Manufacturing Apprentices, we also offer apprenticeships accross a range of business functions.
We are proud to offer apprenticeship schemes in Manufacturing Engineering in Engineering Operative Level 2 and Level 3.
Working in partnership with the College, our apprentices spend one day a week at college and the rest of their week is spent learning from some of the most highly trained experienced engineers in the UK, using our state of the art equipment.
Unifabs has a dedicated Academy training area where successful candidates will learn and practice the full range of manufacturing processes, including:
1) Interpreting manufacturing drawings, tolerancing and manufacturing symbols.
2) Basic modelling in Solidworks, drawings for manufacture, and the basics of tolerancing.
3) CNC laser/punch programming/nesting, operation and in-process inspection.
4) Press brake/metal bending, setting, operating and in-process inspection.
5) MIG, TIG and spot welding, and fabrication including drilling/tappling/countersinking, sawing, in-process inspection, and jigs and fixture.
6) Powder coating (loading efficiently, pre-treatment, robot line, manual booth and calibration).
7) Mechanical assembly including the use of assembly tools, interpretation of assembly drawings, use of non-metallics and packaging.
8) Technical inspection, both in process and finished parts
Apprentices are expected to work to a standard required by the national curriculum and Unifabs Ltd. Your work will be observed by internal training staff and there may also be some studying involved in your own time.
The Unifabs Academy provides a ‘hand’s-on’ supportive learning environment where you’ll be provided with an excellent standard of training. Manufacturing apprenticeship intake sizes will be small, so you’ll have plenty of one-to-one time with the industry experts who will be training you. And, upon completion you will be offered a full-time position at Unifabs with excellent opportunities for career progression within the business.
January 2022 Intake positions available:
Manufacturing Apprentice – Apply here
Business Administration Apprentice – Apply here