Unifabs Covid-19 (Novel Coronavirus) Statement & Delivery Procedure
Mar 16 2020
As a business, Unifabs is taking the situation with the Covid-19 pandemic very seriously. During this period, we aim to do what is best for our employees, customers and suppliers.
This situation continues to develop and change so we are closely monitoring and adhering to the latest Government Guidance. Our current actions are as per the below:
- All current representative meetings have been cancelled; both internally and externally. Where possible, we will be using conferencing facilities to continue regular communication.
- Handshaking and other contact has been stopped within the business.
- Regular hygiene breaks have been put in place for our employees.
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting is taking place within the facility.
- Any members of staff showing cold or flu-like symptoms have been asked to remain at home.
- Discussions with staff have taken place to ascertain the outcome of child care requirements should schools and nurseries be closed.
- Production scheduling is now allowing for a 20% buffer, should we need to cope with a reduction in staff levels.
- Our supply chain has been contacted to request their current contingency plans to ensure the appropriate suppliers are selected during this period.
We have adjusted our delivery procedure to reduce unnecessary contact during the pandemic. The below outlines the new procedure our delivery drivers will be following whilst making deliveries to your premises.
- You will be notified 24 hours prior to delivery with an expected delivery time and asked to provide a contact number for a member of your team who will be receiving the goods. (Please note, deliveries will not be made until contact details have been supplied). Any special delivery instructions or measures needed to enter your site must be conveyed at this point.
- Upon arrival, our driver will alert the supplied contact, via phone, that he is on site and will prepare the vehicle for unloading.
- The driver will wait inside the vehicle for the goods to be unloaded.
- A delivery note will be attached to the load to avoid contact between the 2 parties.
- Once the vehicle has been unloaded our driver will close the vehicle and leave site.
- A signed copy of the delivery note will need to be emailed back to us for our records.
Unifabs would like to thank you in
advance for your co-operation throughout this period. If you have any questions or special delivery instructions please get in touch.
Our very best wishes,
The Unifabs Team
Back to news